Tuesday 6 January 2015

Be aware, make a square




This is a different post from me, but it's something that's very close to my heart.

As I am friends with Let's knit on FB, I get news feeds and today something popped up,

It's called Be aware, make a square, basically it's a mother who child was struck down with Meningitis, when only 2 weeks old, is doing ok now I would like to add. But she is looking for people to knit or crochet a granny square to become a large blanket for Auction.  The money will go to the Meningitis awareness.

However as I had caught the rare TB Meningitis when I was 6 weeks old, and was ill for quite sometime, I am fine now and did make a full recovery, I am sure you can understand why I have decided to take part.  There was me looking for my next crochet project and it's found me instead.

I have decided to share this with you, as it means alot to me, if you are interested in taking part, then you can find the details on the Be aware, make a square facebook page.

Well it's a grey and wet day here today, so I think sausage and mash for tea some comfort food.  I am going to make some more Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes for a Coeliac little boy in pickles class as it was his birthday at the weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment