Friday 5 December 2014

Blogmas 2014 - Day 5 Favourite Christmas Food


Welcome back to Day 5 of Blogmas 2014,

Christmas Food, my word where do we start, I usually start baking in Mid November for Christmas, just because I am one of these crazy people who love to be organised, however each year I still manage to run out of time!

I think I need to separate this into Sweet and Savoury.

Savoury

Cheese Straws
Mince Pies
Sausage Rolls
Turkey with all the trimmings 
Homemade Gravy and Cranberry sauce
seasonal nibbles - Cheeselets, twiglets and nuts


Sweet

Christmas Cake
Christmas Pudding
Homemade Chocolate Truffles
Gingerbread biscuits and houses
Rocky Road
Cranberry and Choc cookies
Advent Chocolates

Like before I think the list would go on and on, I think most of the ones on the list comes from family tradition, handed down from my grandmother to my mum and to me and now hopefully to little pickle. I remember being 6 years old and watching my Mum and Sister mix the Christmas cake and cutting up the cherries, and ended up with very sticky fingers!

Every year I make Gingerbread houses to give to Friends and Family and one for us at home, all decked out with Sweets and Marshmallows.

The turkey is always the main event in our house, apart from one year, when our old cat, eat though the defrosting turkey in the garage (she managed to get to it on top of the microwave, on top of the tumble dryer, in the baking tin, with a tea towel over it, in carrier bag and the thick plastic wrapping) she eat 1/2 of the breast, as you could imagine on Christmas Eve this was not a happy sight!!! and Hubbie was not pleased at driving round trying to get a replacement!

Little pickle enjoys making and eating the Rocky Road, which I posted a picture of in a previous post.

So there you have it!

Enjoy your Friday
Mxx




No comments:

Post a Comment